Thursday, October 31, 2013

DIY Halloween Burlap Wreath

Happy Halloween everyone! One of my favorite days of the year! School AGAIN has overtaken my life, haha, I will try to post as often as I can. Before we left for our trip to Branson earlier this month, I made a Halloween wreath that I would like to share with everyone. It was pretty easy to make so I think anyone can do it! :)  I got the original idea on Pinterest (of course :)) from The Sassy Momma blog, she did such a great job explaining how to do it! Here's my step-by-step tutorial:


Supplies needed (all from Michael's) for less than $15
1 Medium Wire Wreath form
1-2 rolls of 10 yard burlap ribbon (depending on how full you want your wreath, I used 1)
2 rolls of accent ribbon
Pipe cleaner or string

1.To begin, flip the wreath over to secure the pipe cleaner or string to the crossbar on the wire form, then pull the burlap through to secure the end of it onto the crossbar. Flip the wire form back over (so it's right side up) and start pulling the burlap through the slots in about 6 inch segments, I usually work from top to bottom and left to right. I fit 6-8 loops in each section (you can add more  if you want your wreath to look fuller).
2. Keep working your way around until you get to the beginning and secure the end with the pipe cleaner or string.




3. Now it is time to add the accent ribbon. Start by carefully pulling another piece of string or pipe cleaner through the crossbar that you started with. Then pull your accent ribbon through (don't secure it yet). Keep pulling your accent ribbon through each crossbar, making sure to "fluff" your ribbon over the burlap in each section to make it look pretty as you go. When you get back to the starting point, cut your ribbon and secure it with the string/pipe cleaner.


4. Now we can add our second accent ribbon. I typically tie a bow at my starting/finishing point to cover up the string/pipe cleaner. Here is a really good tutorial that I use to tie my bow.


If you have any questions on how to make this wreath feel free to make a comment or email me with your questions!

0 comments:

Post a Comment