Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Decorating

It's that time of year again! When I was growing up one of my favorite things to do was help my mom put up the Christmas tree and decorate it while watching a holiday movie and enjoying a cup of hot chocolate. Good memories! This year Matt and I finally have a place of our own to decorate for the holidays! We got our tree really cheap off of craigslist and my mom was generous enough to take me shopping for lights and ornaments. I decided that every year I want to have a slightly different color scheme, this year will be brown, green and red. Here are some pictures of my progress so far.

We found some cute reigndeer that matched the red bulbs on the tree, and of course theres an M and an A for Matt and Ashley. Hopefully next year there will be one more letter on the tree for a new puppy!

I was able to bring the leftover ornaments into the dining room decor by switching out the decorations in the table centerpiece. Next I would like to finish the tree with a tree topper, and to wrap some garland on the railing behind our couch.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with our leftover string of lights, I'm sure i'll think of something creative!

0 comments:

Post a Comment