Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mantle Decorating

I was soo excited when my roommate told me that her mom needed a little decorating advice, she just moved into a new home and had a large mantle in their living area that was a little awkward and she doesn't quite know what to do with it. Here's a photo of how it currently looks.

And here are a few of my suggestions for her: First one they could put the tv on the mantle and center it, then get some vases of various shapes and sizes to place on either side. Second idea is that they could get a mirror that fits the space and lean it up against the center window, and place various frames and accessories on either side. They could also paint it a darker color to create an accent wall. I can't wait to see what she ends up doing with the space! Below are some pictures of other mantles that I fell in love with while searching for inspiration . . . also gave me some great ideas for our large mantle :)


 I love the large statement piece in this one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment