Friday, January 10, 2014

House updates

While on my winter break, I've been working on organizing and updating our home in my spare time. I also realized it's been a while since I've written any posts on the house so i'll start with what we've done so far . . .

This was the ugly wallpaper that was there when we moved in

This is what our half bath on the lower level looks like right now (sorry for the poor picture quality), I would like to update the vanity next, i'm thinking espresso.
DIY:: Beautiful Budget Bathroom Makeover ! By Therena  Taylor- Little Bit of Paint !
I got this image from a Little Bit of Paint blog, I love the molding, this was were I got some of my inspiration, I just need to find the finishing touches to add to our bathroom.

This was my least favorite guest room when we moved in, the bright blue was too much for both of us to handle and neither of us could wait to see it go

We decided to go with an accent wall with a much lighter blue and the other walls are a khaki color. Again it's still a long way from being finished, but I do think it looks better than it did. Eventually I would like to get new bedding and curtains. It also drives me nuts that the previous owner painted the trim on the floor white and just left the trim around the windows and doors. (another project for later).

neutral bedroom, headboard
This is similar to the look that I would like to go for with our guest bedroom. I got this image here.

I'll update you on the rest of our projects next time :). Have a great Friday!

-xo Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment